This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I installed Odoo Community v. 17 on my windows desktop about two weeks ago.  I've been trying to get it to do basic things, but I'm just flailing.   There is documentation available at  www dot odoo dot com slash documentation slash 17.0

but it doesn't seem to agree with what I am seeing.  I have turned on advanced accounting, which is necessary to really get anywhere.   I've set up a bank account and an associated journal.  Now the bank account appears on the accounting dashboard. Since I'm not on Enterprise, I can't do bank synchronization.  But I am basically stuck there.  When I click the new transaction button on the bank journal (on the Accounting dashboard), I am taken to a screen that says Register a bank statement.  There are no options to actually do anything.  I was able to do a journal entry and put a dollar into the bank account, which I can see by choosing Misc Operations, but I can't reconcile it, import a statement, or really do anything.

If I choose Configuration in the Gear Icon in the bank journal, I am not able to choose anything other than Undefined Yet for the bank feed.

Any advice is useful.  I hear good things about Odoo but am unable to make any progress.

Discard
Author Best Answer

So the problem was that Odoo Community v. 17 does not support reconciliation at all anymore.  Even in version 16, you had to install the OCA account-reconcile module, which can be downloaded from github dot com slash OCA slash account-reconcile   I cloned the repository into c:\program files\odoo\server\odoo\addons, checked out 17.0 , restarted the odoo service, updated the addins in Odoo, and activated the module.  Then you essentially get the reconcile functionality.  However, it doesn't really work too well for me.  I was able to import my bank statement in XLSX format, and I could reconcile invoice payments, but not journal entries.  

I'm not really sure what conclusion to draw from this.  It could be that OCA has not yet finished with 17.0, and I would need to downgrade to 16.0.  Or it could be that Odoo can't handle reconciliation of journal entries even in Enterprise.  Or it could be that I'm doing it wrong, but I don't know how that could be.   

Discard
Best Answer

1. Bank Statement Registration Issue:

Problem: When trying to register a bank statement, you're taken to a screen with no options to proceed.

Solution:

Ensure that you've set up your bank account and journal correctly.

Go to the Accounting module and make sure you're in the dashboard view.

Click on the bank journal where you want to register the statement.

Click on the "Register a bank statement" button.

If there are no options available, it might indicate a configuration issue.

2. Bank Feed Configuration Issue:

Problem: You're unable to configure the bank feed, and it shows "Undefined Yet" for the bank feed.

Solution:

Check if you've correctly set up the bank account and journal in Odoo.

Ensure that you've selected the correct account type and provided all necessary details.

If you're using a generic bank, you may need to manually enter bank statements instead of importing them.

Discard